During the busy days, when I have to work 9+ hours a day, writing articles, teach yoga classes, do my own yoga practice and meditation, go to the gym and still have time to play with my boyfriend after getting home, food prepping is not what I want to spend majority of my remaining free time with. I love to cook food that is easy and quick but still healthy and nutritious. One of my favorite recipes is this simple mushroom stew, that I can just leave there to cook while I multi-task with home keeping.
Vegan Mushroom Stew
- 800 g champignon mushroom, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs paprika powder
- to taste salt, pepper
- to taste parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tbs mustard
1. Heat the oil in a big sauce pan and sauté the onions for a few minutes, until they are translucent.
2. Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and mix in the powdered paprika. Don’t add the paprika to oil over heat because it gets burned easily and it will taste bitter.
4. Place the pan back over the heat and put the mushrooms in the pan as well. Season with salt, it helps to get the liquid out of the mushrooms.
5. Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the mushrooms shrink and they become soft. Before turning off the heat, mix in the mustard, pepper and parsley according to your taste.
6. Serve it over rice or pasta as a main, or even as a side dish. I really like it with gnocchi, too.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth