A delicious, vegan noodle recipe from China this recipe is very easy to make and gets ready within 30 minutes. The combination of hot and sweet sauce with crunchy peanuts and charred broccoli is a must try by every foodie.
Vegan Kung Pao Noodles With Charred Broccoli
- 400 g any noodles of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions (green part only)
- 5-6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4-5 dry red chiles (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts without skin
- 1 tsp Sichuan peppercorns (can sub with regular peppercorns)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp hot chili paste
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
1. Boil noodles as per the instructions given on the packet. Drain and keep aside.
2. In a bowl mix soy sauce, chili paste, vinegar, and sesame oil. Mix nicely and keep aside.
3. In another bowl mix the corn starch and water and keep it aside too.
4. Heat a large wok and add broccoli florets to it. The wok should be large so that instead of piling on each other the florets can be spread nicely in a single layer. Let the broccoli florets cook like that for around 2-3 minutes till they get charred then flip them over and repeat the process.
5. Once the broccoli florets get charred from both the sides take them out on a plate and keep aside.
6. Heat oil in the same wok and the red chilies and peppercorns, sauté for a few seconds. When they become fragrant add in the garlic and sauté for 10-15 seconds.
7. Now add in the sauce, let it cook for 1-2 minutes and then add the corn starch slurry. Mix well. Let the mixture simmer for another 1-2 minutes or till it becomes thick.
8. Add in the boiled noodles, roasted peanuts, and charred broccoli. Mix everything nicely and switch off the gas.
9. Garnish with chopped spring onions and enjoy!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Vandana Chauhan Sood