Writing recipes here for you fellow dumplings is super inspiring. Not only I get to share my favorite dishes with you, but it sparks my creativity every single day. I have to rethink all the recipes I ever created, to make sure the greatest version is delivered to you week by week. This cream of celeriac soup is one of my remastered recipes that I learned from my mom.
Vegan Cream Of Celeriac Soup With Toasted Almonds & Cheese
- 800 g celeriac
- 1 large potato
- 150 ml vegan crème fraîche
- 1 medium size shallot
- 40 g almond
- 2 tbs vegan butter
- 200 ml veggie stock
- thyme, salt, pepper to taste
- 1 ts extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small handful of each/person vegan cheddar and smoked cheese
- Garam masala seasoning, to taste
1. Carefully wash the celery and peel it with a potato peeler, then cut it into thick slices and then into chunks. Peel and slice the potato the same way.
2. In a saucepan, gently brown the chopped shallot in vegan butter over medium heat.
3. When it has become transparent, add the celery and potato, cook stirring for a few minutes. Season with salt, pepper, thyme and cover with the vegetable stock.
4. Cook for about 30 minutes, until the vegetables have become soft. When the veggies are soft enough, blend the mixture with a hand blender.
5. Add the vegan crème fraîche to get a silky result. Transfer in serving dishes and top with diced vegan cheddar and smoked cheese, the toasted and coarsely chopped almonds and a drizzle of Garam masala seasoning.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth