A version of this recipe was first published in Joyful Dumplings.
- 250 g king oyster mushrooms
- 50 g diced brown onions
- 30 g red bell pepper
- 30 g green bell pepper
- 30 g yellow bell pepper
- 3/4 cup toasted cashews
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- For sauce:
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vegan oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 6 tbsp water
1. First, we prepare the king oyster mushrooms by cutting them into thick slices, then using the knife to score both sides of the slices. By doing so, we created some patterns on the mushrooms, not only for the look but also for easier to absorb the sauce.
2. Heat up 1 Tbsp of oil in the frying pan on medium-high heat, we gonna sear the mushrooms on both sides until light golden brown then takes them out and set them aside.
3. In the same pan add 1 Tbsp of oil, then sauté diced brown onion till softened.
4. Add diced tri-color capsicums in and fry for a couple of minutes.
5. Add pre-cooked king oyster mushrooms back to the pan.
6. Now turn the heat to low, then add the sauce mixture into the pan, keep stirring until the sauce becomes thicken.
7. Finally, add roasted cashew nuts into the pan, stir until well coated with the sauce.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Shu-Chun Chuang