Vegan Kimchi Alfredo Linguine
- 1/4 packet Linguine (or 7.5 oz)
- 1 cup Kimchi
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 3 Shallots
- 2 Green onions
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1 cup Soy cream
- 1 cup Plant based milk
- 1 tablespoons All purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 3 table spoons Nutrional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- Salt and pepper
1. Finely chop the shallots, half of the kimchi and garlic.
2. Boil some water in a pan, add in some salt and cook the linguine till al dente. Then, leave the pasta in the water until it’s ready to be used.
3. Pour vegetable oil into a pan, then gently stir in the flour. Once thick, gradually add in the plant milk and stir for five minutes.
4. Add in the soya cream, then slowly stir in the nutritional yeast and mustard. Grind in some salt and pepper and then take the sauce off of the heat.
5. Cook the shallots and garlic in a large pan, until soft. Then, add in the kimchi and stir together until everything has melded into one.
6. Pour the sauce into the shallot mixture, then drain the pasta and add it in, stirring until everything is cohesive.
7. Chop up the green onions and parsley.
8. Serve the pasta with the other half cup of kimchi on top, along with the green onions and parsley.
Also by Hannah: Easy Peasy 30-Minute Vegan Apple Pie Turnovers
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Hannah Roberts