This recipe for vegan apple pie turnovers is so simplistic, it's really easy to dress up and make your own. Add in some caramel sauce, nutmeg, raisins or whatever you'd like and it will become an entirely new creation.
Easy Peasy 30-Minute Vegan Apple Pie Turnovers (6 Ingredients!)
- 1/2 packet Filo Pastry
- 4 Apples
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Plant milk
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Melt the butter in a pan and then stir in the sugar. Stir the mixture until the sugar has dissolved and then tip your apples into the mixture.
3. Sprinkle in the cinnamon, put a lid over the pan and leave for around 15 minutes till the apple is a bit soft.
4. Roll out the pastry and cut out 8 square pieces. When you close the pastry it will fold into a triangular shape.
5. Brush the pastry with milk, fill them with the mixture and then secure the pastry by folding over the other side of the pastry and crimping it together with your hands. Brush the top of the pastry with more milk.
6. Bake in the oven for around 10-15 minutes till hot and serve straight away with some vegan ice cream.
Also by Hannah: Vegan Chocolate Lava Cake
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Hannah Roberts