Spring rolls are easy enough to make at home and can be stuffed with virtually anything. I have an air fryer that I’ve been experimenting with so that’s how I cooked these but they can definitely be done the conventional way, in hot oil. These were really easy and fun to make and they came out perfectly caramelized. I love the idea of making these for an simple, unconventional dessert when I don’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen.
Thai Banana Spice Spring Rolls
- 4 small bananas
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 8 nosoya wonton wrappers
- bowl of water to seal wraps
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
1. Peel the bananas and slice off the ends. Cut each banana in half and set aside.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the sugar and spices.
3. Lay out your wonton wrappers. Roll each banana in the sugar and spices until coated.
4. Place a banana in each wonton wrapper and roll. Use water to seal the edges.
5. Place on a greased air fryer tray. Spray with a thin layer of cooking oil (I used coconut) to get a golden, crispy outside.
6. Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (let it run for two minutes) and put the spring rolls in.
7. Fry for 4 minutes, roll, and fry for another 4 minutes.
8. Remove from air fryer and drizzle with honey and coconut flakes.
Also by Lauren: Thai Pineapple Broccoli Pad Thai
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote