- 4 jalapeños
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt, plain
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup scallions, diced
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Slice jalapeños and remove seeds. Lay on a baking sheet and roast for about ten minutes, until they begin to blister.
3. While the jalapeños roast, prepare the other ingredients. Add the cream cheese and yogurt to a bowl and cream together.
4. Add the spices, lemon, and nutritional yeast. Stir well.
5. Remove jalapeños from oven and dice. Add to the bowl along with the scallions and stir.
6. Pour the dip into a small cast iron pan.
7. In a small bowl, mix melted butter and panko crumbs until well coated. Pour on top of dip.
8. Bake for 15 minutes, until breadcrumbs turn golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and serve warm.
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote