Traditional versions of this dressing often contain mayonnaise, sour cream, anchovies, and other animal products which add unnecessary heaviness to what should be a light and flavorful dressing. This recipe, however, uses NO oil, a variety of fresh herbs, cashews, garlic, and white wine vinegar to create a complex flavor that is out of this world! Drizzle this dressing on salads, use as a marinade, or sandwich spread. Happy eating!
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 cup parsley
- 3/4 cup arugula
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic
1. Soak the cashews in boiling water for 30 minutes, covered. Drain and set aside.
2. Remove the tarragon and parsley leaves from the stems. Cut the garlic into quarters.
3. Place the tarragon, chives, parsley, arugula, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, maple syrup, soaked cashews, water, and garlic in a food processor.
4. Puree until a thick, smooth dressing has formed.
5. Immediately use, or store—refrigerated—in an airtight container. Salad dressing will keep for up to five days.
Also by Olivia: Aquafaba Meringue Topping
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Olivia Parr