This recipe is for all of the matcha drinkers who want to cool off your cup of tea for warm weather. This frozen matcha latte is a lovely way to drink your matcha on summer days. It comes together in five minutes, making it the perfect drink to energize you for the day. I like to throw a scoop of vanilla protein powder in mine and enjoy it as a post workout treat. Throw in spinach or kale for extra leafy green nourishment and a more vibrant green color. While you’re sipping this frozen matcha latte, you can enjoy reading about the numerous benefits of matcha, which include boosted metabolism and a healthy dose of antioxidants.
Vegan Frozen Matcha Latte
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon culinary matcha powder
- 1-2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- giant handful spinach or kale (optional)
1. Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender until smooth, adding more or less almond milk to reach desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Also by Lauren: High-Protein Tahini Date Shake
Related: Ginger Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier