These cookies are really easy to make and they require minimal baking ingredients. The blueberries contain enough moisture that no milk or egg replacements are required. I used my fresh blueberries in this recipe, but you can use frozen blueberries that have been thawed to room temperature if that is what you have on hand. You can try playing around with different add-ins such as chocolate chips or almonds. You can also drizzle the cookie with icing to dress it up a little bit if you would like. These cookies were so soft and chewy and paired perfectly well with a latte.
Vegan Fresh Blueberry Cookies (Just 6 Ingredients!)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar, and blueberries. Use an electric mixer to beat until well combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. The dough will be a little sticky and that is perfectly fine.
4. Refrigerate the dough for an hour to let it chill and firm up a bit. Towards the end of this time, preheat the oven to 400F.
5. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll the cookies into balls and place on the cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven. Cool on a cooling rack.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Ambrosia Salad
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote