A bit sour, a bit spicy, creamy, and rich, this avo mousse is one of my favorite ways to use the fruit. It’s good on its own, but even better with a bit of stewed apple to break up the monotony of avocado.
When strewn with pomegranate seeds, this slightly sweet dish is brought to the next level. It’s beautiful for breakfast or dessert (or both)! And it will surely shock your friends when you tell them it’s made with no dairy and mostly whole-foods ingredients.
And let’s not forget that avocado boasts some serious health benefits. This excellent source of healthy fat is rich in vitamin K, folate, potassium, and vitamin C. Combine it pomegranate seeds and fiber-rich apples, and you’ve got a meal bursting with antioxidants.
Zesty Avocado Pudding with Apple Compote
- 4 apples, cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- dash salt
- 4 avocados
- 1/4 cup soy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons dry sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
1. Add apples to saucepan with maca, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and salt, plus about 1/4 cup of water.
2. Set on medium-high heat and cover.
3. Meanwhile, peel and pit avocados, then add to food processor or blender with yogurt, ginger, lemon, and sweetener.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Lower heat of apple mixture, adding a bit more water if needed and continuing to steam.
6. Stir and crush apples a bit with a masher, then remove from heat.
7. Spread avocado dip into the bottom of a shallow bowl.
8. Place a large scoop of warm apples in the middle, then sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
Also by Quincy: Vegan Savory Stuffed French Toast
Related: Banoffee Pie with Coconut Whip
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Quincy Malesovas