Despite the abundance of desserts available to me over the past month, I’ve not yet gotten sick of my sweet tooth. But that doesn’t mean I’m excused to indulge every opportunity I get just because it’s the holiday season. In times of temptation, it’s nice to have healthier, vegan-friendly alternatives around to fulfill my desires for a seasonal dessert. This single-serving option is ready in just minutes and is vegan and gluten-free without relying on crazy specialty ingredients.
Single-Serving Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Fudge Cake
- 3 tbs. powdered peanut butter
- 1 tbs. cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 tbs.+1/2 tsp. vegan butter
- 1 tbs. maple syrup
- 1 piece vegan dark chocolate
- 4 fresh raspberries
- 2 tbs. vegan whipped cream (optional)
1. Combine dry ingredients in bowl.
2. Add maple syrup and butter to microwave-safe mug and microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Slowly stir in dry ingredients, mixing well until batter is smooth and well-combined.
4. Fold in raspberries and add piece of dark chocolate, then microwave on high for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from microwave and let cool for about 30 seconds.
6. Grab your serving dish and use ice cream scoop or spatula to shape cake into a ball, then place in dish.
7. Top with a bit of vegan whipped cream (if desired) and a raspberry to serve.
Photo: Quincy Malesovas