I made these frittatas with whatever veggies I had on hand and you can do the same. I suggest adding broccoli, tomatoes, or even a diced meat substitute. These can be served alongside some greens and toast or enjoyed by themselves. If you want a more classic frittata, you could pour the finished batter into a greased cast iron pan and bake it in that instead of using a muffin tin.
Vegan Chickpea Flour Frittata Muffins
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened vegan yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- vegan shredded cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a muffin tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the chickpea flour, baking powder, sea salt, black pepper, nutritional yeast, and thyme and whisk together.
3. Whisk in the vegetable broth and yogurt.
4. Add the garlic, diced veggies, and shredded cheese. Stir well until combined.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Italian Pasta Puttanesca
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote