GF Vegan Penne In Sun-Dried Tomato Walnut Sauce (5 Ingredients!)
- 250 g GF penne
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, preserved in oil
- 25 g ground walnuts
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- to taste salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Start by preparing your pasta according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile save 2-3 pieces of the dried tomatoes, use the rest to create the sauce. Drained them from oil but do not dry them exactly. Add them to a blender along with the walnut and 1 clove of minced garlic. Add just enough oil from the tomatoes that the sauce will be nice and creamy. If you don’t want to use that much oil, add 1-2 tbsp pasta water.
3. Once the pasta is cooked al dente, in a large pan heat up 1/2 tbsp oil from the tomatoes over small heat, sauté garlic until fragrant. Then mix in the sauce, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until sauce is warmed up. If needed add a little pasta water.
4. Mix in the pasta and top it with chopped sun dried tomatoes that you saved.
If you’d like a smoother version add some vegan creamer. If you want more picante taste add some olives or capers.
Also by Imola: GF Vegan Spinach Artichoke Casserole
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth