Blenders and peanut butter are two of my favorite things. This muffin packs a peanut butter flavor for all you fellow peanut butter fans out there and the recipe is made very easy by using a high powered blender. Less mess to clean up, less mixing and more time to get on with the day. These blender muffins make a great breakfast on-the-go option and are both gluten-free and refined sugar-free!
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Blender Muffins
- 3 tablepoons Ground Flax Meal
- 6 tablespoons Water
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1-2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, add the flax meal and water. Stir and allow to sit together for a few minutes to thicken.
3. In another bowl, add the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar. Allow to sit together for a few minutes.
4. In a high powered blender, add in the ingredients by placing the wet ingredients of the flax meal, coconut milk mixture and maple syrup first. Add in the bananas broken into sections and then the dry ingredients.
5. Secure the lid onto the blender and turn on low speed. Use a blender tamper to help everything come together. Turn the speed up higher and continue to blend until the batter fully comes together into a thick consistency.
6. Scoop or pour the batter into each of the muffin cups and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Oven times may vary so test the muffins by inserting a toothpick or knife into the center every few minutes after 20 minutes. Once it comes out clean, remove the muffins from the oven.
7. Allow the muffins to cool for 10-20 minutes in the pan and then remove and finish cooling completely on a wire baking rack. Enjoy!
Also by Colette: Vegan General Tso’s “Chicken”
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Colette Goguen