Vegan Baked Rice With Strawberry And Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced white onions
- 1 cup fresh diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh quartered tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1.5 cups vegetable stock
- 1.5 cups brown rice
- 1/4 cup fresh sliced basil
- 2 cups vegan mozarella, sliced or shredded
2. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, then add onions and sauté until fragrant and translucent (about 3-4 minutes).
3. Add strawberries, then continue to cook and mash the berries a bit as you do so.
4. Once berries start to soften, add tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato puree, and salt and pepper.
5. Slowly stir in wine and vegetable stock while increasing heat until mixture reaches a boil.
6. Stir in rice and mix for about a minute more, then remove from heat.
7. Transfer rice into greased baking dish and bake for about 40 minutes (until rice is tender).
8. Remove from oven, top with basil and cheese, and bake for about 5 minutes more (until cheese becomes melty).
9. Scoop and serve!
Also by Quincy: Japanese Soba Noodles with Kabocha Squash & Natto
Related: Warming Turmeric Rice with Okra
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Quincy Malesovas