Kimchi is often incorporated into stews, pancakes, or stir-fries. Here, however, we are using it in a less traditional–but equally delicious–way. Kimchi and cream cheese may not be the most obvious combination, but it is strangely addictive. Creamy with a slight kick, this spread amps up anything from bagels to grilled (vegan) cheese to apple slices or even dates if you’re feeling adventurous. This is a simple recipe that’s great-tasting and great for you. Let us know what you think!
Vegan Kimchi Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 12 oz. firm silken tofu
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup kimchi
1. Soak the cashews in water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Drain and place in blender with tofu, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and salt.
3. Blend until smooth, tampering or scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
4. Add half the kimchi and pulse again a few times until it is well-incorporated into the mixture.
5. Finely chop the rest of the kimchi and stir it into the cream cheese by hand.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Also by Qunicy: Irish Vegetable Boxty
Related: Homemade Vegan Kimchi
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Qunicy Malesovas