I don’t cook or bake too much with alcohol, but an occasional vegan treat with some vegan alcohol, like Amaretto, in combination with one of my favorite fruits—raspberries—is a must! This decadent, pink treat combines the aromatic almond notes from Amaretto with fresh, fragrant, sweet notes of raspberry. It’s an irresistible combination, and gorgeous to behold. Enjoy!
Vegan Amaretto & Raspberry Cupcakes
- 1 & 1/2 cups Oat or whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Starch
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 3/4 cup Raspberries
- 1 tbsp Orange zest
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 1 tbsp Powdered sugar
- 8 Raspberries for decoration
- Candies citrus fruits for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a cupcake tray with cupcake baking paper.
2. In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
3. Add the olive oil and ideally with a hand-held mixer or whisker mix well until you have an even batter.
4. Add the raspberries, orange zest and Amaretto and mix again. The idea is that you will end up mashing the raspberries while mixing so that the batter actually turns pink.
5. Fill the cupcake baking cups up to 2/3 with batter. 6. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out barely clean. You don’t want dry cupcakes, so if after 30 minutes the toothpick still has some batter sticking to it, keep checking every 3 minutes or so and once the toothpick comes out clean, take the cupcakes out of the oven immediately. Let them cool down completely.
7. Sprinkle powdered sugar over them and place a raspberry in the center of each cupcake and next to it a small piece of candied citrus fruit (see picture of reference). However, I don’t want to impose a decoration style here, so just decorate as you wish!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Tatiana von Rheinbaben