No fancy ingredients needed for this recipe. (Especially if you choose not to make it sugar-free.) I’ve always loved chocolate chip cookies but my food intolerances and the fact that I’m vegetarian makes it hard to find good ones. I don’t like store-bought cookies because even if they taste good, they are very dry for me. I love chewy, soft-inside cookies that make you melt off of your sofa. Try this decadent vegan chocolate cookie that’s great for even the most sensitive eaters.
Simple Allergen- & Refined Sugar-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 tbs baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan (sugar free) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tbs oil
- 1/4 ts salt
- 1/4 ts vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
2. Then combine with the oil, vanilla extract and almond milk to get a wet dough. If needed you can adjust milk or flour to achieve the cookie dough texture.
3. Form the dough into a ball and place it in the fridge for about 2-3 hours. Once the dough chilled enough, preheat the oven to 180 Celsius degree.
4. Place parchment paper on a baking tray, form little balls from the dough and place them on the paper. Flatten them and make sure you leave enough room for them to spread while baking.
5. Bake them for about 10 minutes. Let them cool before you touch them so they can firm up.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth