This is a typical dish I would make if I need something quick and I don’t have a lots of ingredients at home. Another proof that you don’t need to be a cook and have fancy ingredients on hand to create something amazing.
Tofu Stuffed Eggplant
- 200 g smoked tofu
- 1 large eggplant
- 4 slices vegan cheese
- to taste salt, pepper
- to taste oregano, basil
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius degree.
2. Wash your eggplant and cut in two halves. Crave out the inside but make sure that what you leave will be still thick enough to hold the filling later.
For the filling:
3. In a blender mix together the tofu. The raw inside of the eggplant, salt, pepper and the herbs with the olive oil and the lemon juice. Blend until you get a nice creamy consistency. Adjust seasoning, oil or lemon juice as needed.
4. Place a parchment paper on a baking tray and and lay the eggplants on it, fill them with the tofu cream and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
5. When the eggplant becomes softer and the top of the filling is nicely browned place a sheet of vegan cheese on top of them and bake for a few more minutes until the cheese melt.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth