If you wanna step your brownie game to the next level, these Healthy Vegan Fudgy Sweet Potato Brownies are the way to go. It has a fudgy texture and in my opinion tastes even better than the regular brownies since it has all those nutrients that aren’t there in regular brownies.
Healthy Fudgy Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup` sunflower oil
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Whisk the oil and sugar together until well combined.
2. Add in the mashed sweet potatoes. Whisk again and make sure that the oil is emulsified. This means after you whisk there will not be a pool of oil on top of the mixture. Keep whisking until the oil is mixed evenly with the sweet potatoes.
3. Add the coconut milk, salt and vanilla extract. Whisk all of the ingredients for 1 minute.
4. In a separate bowl, sift through the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder. Stir together with a spoon.
5. Pour the flour mixture to the sweet potato mixture in three batches. Whisk gently and after you’ve reached the third batch, switch to a spatula. Fold the mixture gently. If at this point the mixture is too dry and resemble a dough, you can add 1/4 cup more water until you get a thick but pourable consistancy.
6. Fold through the chocolate chips.
7. Pour on to a greased and floured pan, and top with more chocolate chips until covered.
8. Bake at 180° Celsius for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
9. Enjoy with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream for an indulgent treat!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Radhika Bhagchandani