- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 cup mung beans
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1-2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup spinach
2. While squash bakes, boil 1 cup mung beans in 3 cups water for about 25 minutes.
3. In a large pan over medium heat, add mushrooms and soy sauce; cover.
4. When liquids in mushrooms are released, remove cover and stir until liquid evaporates.
5. Add coconut milk, curry, cooked mung beans, crushed garlic, and butternut squash; stir until heated.
6. Add spinach; stir until it is wilted.
7. Salt to taste.
8. Serve over basmati or jasmine rice, couscous, quinoa...whatever you like!
Also by Estella : Easy, All-Occasion Crispy Tofu
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Estella Ramirez