- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 mango, cubed
- 1 chili pepper with seeds, diced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp water
- juice from 1 lime
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium low heat. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for about a minute.
2. Add the mango chunks and chili pepper and sauté for a few more minutes, until the pepper softens.
3. Add the honey, vinegar, water, and lime juice and mix well. Bring to a very low boil and remove from heat.
4. Use a hand blender to pulse the mix into a smooth sauce. Let cool and serve. *If you don’t have a hand blender, wait until the mix cools and then add it to a regular blender and pulse.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Calzone With Mixed Veggies
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote