- 1 10oz bag of kale
- 1 red onion
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 T olive oil
- Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- ½ cup grapefruit juice (freshly squeezed)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Chop up red onion into slivers.
3. Chop up sweet potatoes into cubes.
4. Drain chickpeas and pat dry.
5. Pour sweet potatoes, red onions, and chickpeas onto a sheet pan. Mix with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and olive oil.
6. Bake for 30 minutes until crispy, stirring every 10 minutes to avoid burning.
7. Prepare the vinaigrette: Juice one grapefruit and place in a blender along with the olive oil, salt, and pepper flakes.
8. Blend until emulsified.
9. Massage the kale with the grapefruit vinaigrette and salt to taste.
10. Mix in red onion, sweet potato, and chickpeas.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Dana Drosdick