I roasted the sweet potato to make crostinis and topped them with a cinnamon spiced vegan cheese spread. My uncle just gifted me some homemade candied pecans for Christmas and the scallion clippings in my window finally shot up, so that is what I used for toppers. You can top this with whatever fruits, nuts, and herbs you have available to you. You can also experiment with cooking the sweet potato in an air fryer for a potentially more crispy version.
GF Vegan Sweet Potato Crostini (Bread-Free!)
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 3 tbsp vegan feta
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch ground clove
- candied pecans to top
- dried cranberries to top
- scallions to top
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Slice sweet potato into 1/2 inch thick discs. Coat in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Add to a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, flip, and bake for 10 more minutes.
4. While the sweet potato is baking, prepare the cheese spread. Use a fork to mash together the feta and cream cheese (I recommend doing this when they are room temperature). Sprinkle in cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg. Whip until smooth.
5. Remove sweet potato from oven and pat off excess oil with a paper towel. Top with cheese, pecans, scallions, and cranberries.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote