So if you're any like me, you'd appreciate this quick recipe. It only took me 10 minutes to mix it together, the rest was done by the oven. I only had to check on it a few times. You're welcome. :)
Super Easy GF Vegan Nectarine Plum Cake with Marzipan
- 250 g almond flour
- 0.5 kg pitted and halved plums
- 0.5 kg pitted and halved nectarines
- 220 g margarine
- 220 g sugar
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- a pinch salt
- to replace 4 eggs flax eggs
- 50 g potato starch
- 10 g baking powder
- 30 g chopped almonds
- 200 g marzipan
1. Pit and half the plums and the nectarines.
2. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
3. In a pan sauté the chopped almonds over medium heat without oil. Set aside.
4. Grate down the marzipan with the bigger holes of the cheese grater.
5. In a large bowl, mix together 200 g margarine with 200 g sugar, the vanilla sugar and a small pinch of salt to bring out the flavors more. Make a smooth cream from it.
6. Stir in the marzipan, and gently mix in the flax eggs too. (You can use anything else you normally use to replace eggs. I would use a powder based one for cakes, but I didn’t have it this time so I made my own flax egg mixture. For that to replace one egg you need to mix one tablespoon of ground flax seed meal with 3 tablespoons of water. Sit it in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.)
7. In another bowl whisk together almond flour with potato starch and sautéed almond. Then gradually transfer this into the creamy mixture in the other bowl. Make sure you mix it well so it’s not bumpy.
8. Grease a cake tray with margarine and transfer the batter into it.
9. Place the plums and nectarines on top and sprinkle the leftover sugar and small cubes of margarine over them.
10. Transfer it into the oven and let it sit for about an hour over 175°C.
11. Take out of the oven and let cool before enjoying.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth