This gut loving, quick & easy vegan lunch will have you doing cartwheels in the kitchen!
This may be a small lunch, but it packs a mighty punch with all the nutrients you will need to leave your gut smiling. Recently, I have been adding sauerkraut to my dishes and oh my I have seen such improvements to my overall gut health.
It is said that sauerkraut feeds the good bacteria in the gut and helps to combat inflammation, but not only that, it has several other health benefits too:
Improves Your Digestion.
Boosts Your Immune System.
Helps Reduce Stress and Maintain Brain Health.
May Promote Heart Health.
Contributes to Stronger Bones.
It’s a no-brainer really.
Ps.. with my cooking I tend to stay away from “Quantities”, and just go with the flow. So please, use as much or as little of the ingredients as you desire.
Probiotic Veggie Sauerkraut Tartine
- Red Cabbage
- Beetroot hummus
- Rye bread
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 fresh Red Chilli
- Pumpkin & Sunflower seeds
1. Prepare the asparagus stems, roughly chop the red cabbage and take a handful of beansprouts, fry together with olive oil, and add some Himalayan salt & black pepper to taste.
2. Toast your bread, and add a generous amount of beetroot humous.
3. Layer the toast with the cabbage, asparagus and beansprouts.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.
5. Add the fresh chilli and any additional extras such as seeds or nuts.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Victoria Bennett