My other addiction at the moment is colorful veggie and fruit powders which I use to color my bowls and cakes.
There are hundreds of options here: you can use matcha powder, spirulina powder, turmeric, beetroot powder or any other food coloring you like.
The best thing is that the recipe is oil-free, vegan and gluten-free. You can have it warm on cold days or let it cool in the fridge before eating when you'd rather have something cold.
- 1 cup rice flakes
- 1 large mashed, ripe banana
- 2 tbs coconut cream
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 pinch himalayan rock salt
- 1+1/2 tbs colorful powder (spirulina, matcha etc)
1. Using a large pot, combine all ingredients (except food coloring) and cook for about 10 minutes over low heat.
2. I like to add the colorful powders at the very end so I can play with the colors.
3. You can sweeten it as you prefer, but for me it is sweet enough with the fruits on top.
Top with anything you fancy: banana, berries, coconut shreds, millet pops, chia seeds, etc.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth