Oyster mushrooms are really a great option to replicate the meaty texture and flavor. They are healthy, tasty, rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and low in carbohydrates. Therefore, they’re a great choice for people following a Low Glycemic diet and a plant-based Keto diet. This recipe is also gluten-free.
- 350 g oyster mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning (a mix of sage and other herbs)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- handful baby spinach leaves
1. Wipe the mushrooms with a kitchen paper. Cut their rubbery stems off.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix tamari, balsamic glaze, garlic powder, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper well.
3. Coat each mushroom with the marinade and leave them in the bowl. Let them sit for 20 minutes.
4. Thread them on skewers.
5. Set the oven at 180°C.
6. Line an oven tray with parchment paper, place the skewers and cook 20 minutes per side or until golden brown.
7. Sprinkle hemp hearts and serve on a bed of baby spinach once cooled.
More summery ideas: Roast Tofu and Cauliflower Mezze
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Roberta Farrugia