This dish can’t be more simple to assemble. All you need is some tagliatelle or wide strip pasta, poppy seeds and sugar. I love to use caster sugar because over the hot pasta it just melts much better. The important thing is that the poppy seeds must be bround first, it’s quite a different taste from the whole ones that are sprinkled on top of baked goods. I grind the poppy seeds in a coffee grinder, always together with some granulated sugar otherwise the oily poppy-seed paste would just stick. The standard ratio of poppy to sugar is two to one.
GF Hungarian Poppy Seed Noodles
- 100g millet tagliatelle (or any other GF wide strip pasta)
- 50g black or blue poppy seeds
- 50g caster sugar
1. Prepare your pasta according to package instructions.
2. Grind the poppy seed in a coffee grinder meanwhile.
3. Once the pasta is done, transfer it to a plate, top it with poppy seed and caster sugar, combine well.
Serve while still warm.
Also by Imola: Hungarian Bean Soup With Noodles
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth