Today I made it with some cauliflowers. It was my first time cooking a cauliflower curry but definitely not the last. The cauliflower tasted so good with the mixture of curry spices especially because it was first baked. Making a cauliflower curry is a great way to eat some cauliflowers even for people who don’t like it that much.
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Carrots
- 200g Coconut cream
- 1 tsp Curry power
- 1 tsp Kurkuma
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Sweet red pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
1. Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and put them in the oven for 30 minutes.
2. During this time we can start to make the curry. Chop the onion into smaller peaces. Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté gently. When the onion gets translucent add the spices into the pot. You can add all except the salt: curry, kurkuma, cumin, garam masala, sweet red pepper.
3. Peel the carrots and chop them. Around 5 minutes later you can add the carrot into the curry.
4. When the carrot becomes soft you can add the canned chickpea into the pot. You can also add some water if you need. If you use dry chickpeas you have to cook them before.
5. When you’re done the cauliflower should be ready too in the oven so you can transfer it into the pot.
6. Finally add the coconut cream with the salt and mix it well.
I cooked some rice with it but you can enjoy it with any type of grains.
Also by Adrienn: Vegan Beet Brownies
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Adrienn Gyetko