Healthy Vegan Cauliflower Fajita Bowl
- 16 oz cauliflower
- 1 red onion
- 16 oz peppers (approximately 3 peppers)
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 can black beans
- 1–2 limes (depending on size)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cilantro paste
- 2 tsp lemon
1. Overnight, soak ½ cup of cashews with ½ cup water.
2. Slice peppers, onion, and cauliflowers.
3. Mix salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and smoke paprika together in a bowl.
4. Add cauliflower, onion, peppers, and olive oil into the bowl with the seasoning, stir until well combined.
5. Slice a lime and put the coated cauliflower, onions, peppers, and lime onto a sheet pan.
6. Bake at 425°F for 20–25 minutes.
7. Make the rice: Pour 2 cups of water to 1 cup brown rice. When cool, stir with drained beans.
8. Make the crema: Blend the cashews and water in a blender, and strain through a nut milk bag or colander.
9. Add cashew milk, avocado, garlic, salt, cilantro paste, and lemon. Blend until thick and well-combined.
10. Broil the sheet pan vegetables for 2 minutes until crispy and golden.
11. Squeeze broiled lime over vegetables and stir.
12. Serve vegetables over rice with a dollop of crema.
Also by Dana: Vegan Cranberry Lemon Pop-Tarts
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Dana Drosdick