- 4 Medium bananas
- 3 cups Oats
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 2 Large carrots
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Lemon
- [OPTIONAL] Cinnamon Topping
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Pour oats into a blender and blend until oats have a flour-like texture.
3. In a large bowl, mix oats with ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and the zest of one lemon. Stir until all ingredients are well-incorporated.
4. Chop ½ cup walnuts and measure ½ cup raisins. Incorporate into dry ingredient mixture.
5. In a separate medium-sized bowl, mash the bananas until they have a smooth consistency.
6. Add the juice of one lemon and the shredded carrots into the banana mixture. Whisk until combined.
7. Make a well in the center of your dry mixture and slowly pour the banana-carrot mixture into the center. Mix until you form a wet, but firm dough—somewhere between a bread and a cookie.
8. Form triangle shapes with your hands and place on the baking tray.
9. For optional streusel topping: Melt the coconut oil in a bowl. Mix in brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Stir until the ingredients form a loose, crumbly dough. Distribute among the scones, sprinkling for a mixture of loose crumbles and thicker crumbs.
10. Bake for 20 minutes. If you have two separate trays, flip trays ten minutes in.
11. Remove and let cool. Enjoy!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Dana Drosdick