This broccoli and white bean mixture made a great filling for lettuce wraps, but it would also be great with crackers or as a sandwich. It is a flavorful lunch that would make for a great picnic and is kid friendly, too!
- 1 can white beans
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 5 leaves of romaine hearts
- 1 small tomato
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- to taste sea salt & pepper
2. Add the broccoli florets, tahini, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well.
3. Assemble the wraps by placing a few slices of tomato and some bean mixture into each one. You can create a simple wrap or try rolling the lettuce like a burrito.
Also by Kathryn: Lemony Shaved Asparagus
Related: Vegan Lentil Sloppy Joes (Video)
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Kathryn Farrugia