Healthy Lunch: Borlotti Bean Bowls with Cilantro Tahini
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white quinoa
- 1 large bunch kale, rinsed and shredded
- 1 golden beet, peeled
- 1 can borlotti beans (or sub another legume), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups butternut squash , cubed
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- pinch Black pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- hemp hearts
- 1 avocado, diced
2. Mixed cubed butternut squash with the avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until fork tender.
3. While the squash is roasting, prepare your quinoa if you haven't already done so according to package instructions.
4. Thinly slice golden beet with a mandolin slicer. Alternatively, you can steam if you prefer a softer texture.
5. Prepare your Cilantro Tahini by adding tahini, lemon juice, sea salt, black pepper, and cilantro to a blender and pulsing until well combined.
6. To assemble your bowls, divide the kale and quinoa among bowls and top with golden beet, borlotti beans, butternut squash, and avocado. Add cilantro tahini and garnish with microgreens and hemp hearts, if desired.
Also by Lauren: Chili-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Related: Zesty Greens Buddha Bowl
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier