If you’ve ever found yourself wistfully watching your omnivorous friends indulge in a hot cheesy restaurant appetizer and wondered if you could ever again partake in something so creamy and satisfying, there’s good news. With a few key ingredients like cashews and nutritional yeast, you can recreate this classic dish. The end-result is an equally decadent appetizer minus the cholesterol, much of the fat, and all of the post-indulgence guilt.
This easy-to-make crowd-pleaser is also packed with healthy nutrients. In particular, nutritional yeast is a rich source of vitamin B12 while garlic and lemon may help promote strong immunity. Who knew something so mouthwatering could be so guilt-free?
Vegan Appetizer Recipes: All Natural Spinach Artichoke Dip
1 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight then drained
1 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup frozen spinach, cooked
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
Blue corn or traditional tortilla chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Drain one can of artichoke hearts with a strainer and rinse thoroughly with water. Blend the hearts in a high-speed blender with cashews, water, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and salt until smooth and creamy. Place mixture in mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Drain the second can of artichoke hearts with a strainer and rinse thoroughly with water. Chop roughly into small cubes.
4. Squeeze excess water from spinach. Add spinach and chopped artichoke hearts to cashew mixture and stir thoroughly.
5. Place mixture in baking dish and spread evenly to edges of dish. Toast breadcrumbs in a non-stick pan until brown and evenly distribute on top of mixture in baking dish.
6. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
7. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.