Healthy Dinner: Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 can of black or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1.5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- pinch chipotle powder
- pinch himalayan sea salt
- vegan yogurt to top
- fresh chopped cilantro to top
2. While the sweet potato is baking, make your chili filling on the stove top. Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat and add a few tablespoons of veggie broth. Once warm, add in the onion and sauté until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add the red bell pepper and sauté another few minutes.
3. Next, add the tomato sauce, the remaining veggie broth, and your spices. Stir to combine. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. To serve, slice sweet potatoes down the center and fluff the insides. Divide the bean mixture between the 3 potatoes, and stuff the inside of each potato. Top with vegan yogurt and fresh cilantro.
Also by Lauren: Gluten-Free Ragu Stuffed Eggplant
Related: Sweet Potato Tofu Quesadilla
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier