My boyfriend is half-Italian and his heritage inspires me every time. This pasta salad was inspired by Italy but, of course, if you change some ingredients it can turn into a delightful Turkish or any other nation inspired pasta salad. (I’m a pretty lazy cook, so that’s how I operate with leftovers.) I just add some spices and different veggies and we have a whole new dish, so we don’t get bored of eating the same food over and over again.
I hope you enjoy this simple but satisfying vegan, gluten-free pasta salad with baked vegges and herbs! Making this recipe in the United State? Consult this handy conversion calculator.
- 100g gluten-free penne
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 150g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 150g champignons, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- 10 pieces sliced cherry tomatoes
- 15 pieces sliced black olives
- salt, pepper, parsley, basil, oregano to taste
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C/375°F, and place the zucchini, Brussels sprouts and champignons on a baking sheet. Mix them well with 2 tbs olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake them for about 15 minutes.
3. When the penne is done, rinse it under cold water and mix it in a pan with the remaining olive oil, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. Mix it with the cherry tomatoes, black olives, and the baked vegetables.
4. Season with parsley, basil and oregano to taste.
Also by Imola: Vegan & Gluten-Free Austrian Torn Pancakes (Kaiserschmarrn)
Related: Vegan Garlicky Broccoli Pasta Salad
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Imola Tóth