As summer comes to a close, I've been making all my favorite dishes before moving onto to warmer and heartier meals. One of my go-to easy recipes for the hot weather is a quick pasta salad. Cold, crunchy, and refreshing. This broccoli and garlic one is particularly wonderful. I hope you'll give it a try before the summer ends. It's too good to miss!
Vegan Garlicky Broccoli Pasta Salad
Recipe Type: Hearty Entrees
YIELDS 8-10 servings
- 1 lb package pasta of your choice (I find that spirals and shells work nicely)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped up steamed broccoli
- 3 cloves grated garlic
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- dash of onion powder
- dash of salt, to taste
- dash of pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado (optional topping)
1. Cook your pasta according to package (usually about 10-12 minutes). 2. To steam broccoli, chop up first. In a pot, add a steam basket (if you have one - if not, just add broccoli) and fill the pan with a little bit of water (just enough water to avoid burning). Turn heat up to medium and allow to steam for about 10-15 minutes. 3. In a large bowl, add your cooked pasta and steamed broccoli along with grated garlic, olive oil, vinegar, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Toss well until everything is evenly coated. Add more or less of the ingredients to cater to your preferred taste. 4. When serving, cube up a bit of avocado and top pasta salad. This is optional but very delicious!
Also by Bianca: Spicy Tofu Summer Rolls
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Bianca Cimini