GF Vegan Soufflé (Rizskoch) With Rum Chocolate Sauce
- 6 cups soy milk
- 1 cup rice
- a pinch salt
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 servings egg replacement (to replace 4 egg yolks)
- 7 tbsp sugar
- 150 g dried cranberries
- of 1/2 lemon lemon zest
- 150 ml vegan whipped cream
- 1 heaping tbsp rice flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp rum
1. In a large saucepan, combine 4 cups soy milk, rice and pinch salt. Cook on low heat for about 30 minutes or until the rice becomes tender and creamy. Remove from heat, stir in vegan butter, and let cool to room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly coat a 9-inch spring form pan with cooking spray. Combine egg replacement with 5 tbsp sugar, then mix into rice mixture until well incorporated along with cranberries and zest. Mix 1/4 of the vegan whipped cream with the rice mixture to lighten it. Then gently fold in the remaining cream trying not to deflate the volume. Transfer to prepared pan and bake until golden brown and toothpick tests clean, about 35 to 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile prepare the chocolate sauce. Place 2 cups of soy milk, 2 tbsp of sugar, cocoa powder and rum in a bowl, bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes over low heat. Once the soufflé is ready, cut into squares and serve with the hot chocolate sauce.
Also by Imola: GF Vegan Arancini Balls (Italian Risotto Balls)
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth