This is an unbelievably easy recipe to create your own vegan scrambled eggs, using just firm tofu and a magic ingredient—Indian black salt (Kala Namak). Its strong egg-like smell comes from its high sulfide mineral content that is high in magnesium and iron. The turmeric adds anti-inflammatory healing power, and the tofu is rich in protein and iron. Witness its glory in just about 10 minutes or even less!
Eggiest Vegan Scrambled Eggs
Recipe Type: Breakfast
YIELDS 1 serving
- 1/2 block (or 140g) firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- pinch salt and black pepper
- pinch Indian black salt
- to taste veggies (optional)
1. Prepare your firm tofu into mince by squeezing the water out gently with your hands, and then simply breaking them into small chunks. Set aside in a bowl.
2. Heat your pan with olive oil and add your minced tofu.
3. Sprinkle your turmeric on the tofu until naturally colored making it look like scramble eggs.
4. Add the rest of your seasoning and stir fry for 2–3 minutes.
5. Serve with a side your choice of veggies (such as grilled tomato or stir fry kale).
Also by Bel: Vegan Muesli Muffins
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Bel Faustino