I had a jar of artichoke sitting in my fridge next to my bucket of strawberries and randomly decided to toss them in a bowl with some white beans and strawberries to make a summer salad. This was super easy to make and would be easy to double or triple to bring to a cookout or picnic. The artichoke I used was marinated and added the perfect amount of extra flavor. I also crumbled in some vegan feta but you can leave this out if you don’t have any on hand. I used basil for my fresh herb but mint would work well in here too.
White Bean Artichoke Salad With Strawberry Vinaigrette
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- For the salad:
- 1 15oz can white beans
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1. To make the vinaigrette, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. I’m a large bowl, toss together the white beans, strawberries, onion, artichoke, feta, and basil.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well to coat.
4. Refrigerate for an hour and serve.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Lemon Chickpea Picatta
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote