Easy Vegan “Crab Cake” Dip
- 15 oz Canned chickpeas or Heart of Palm
- 1/4 cup Purple onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Handful Spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup Vegan mayo
- 1–2 tsp (or to taste) Dijon mustard
- 2–3 tsps (or to taste) Old Bay
- 1 tsp Dried parsley
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- For dipping Flatbread or grain of choice
- For dipping Sliced cucumbers
- For dipping Tomato slices
1. First, finely dice the onion and garlic. Chop your chickpeas or heart of palm (I like to use a food processor) and add your shredded spinach leaves. Combine everything in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine mayo, mustard, old bay and parsley. (I like extra old bay.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add sauce to chickpea/heart of palm mixture and stir to evenly coat.
4. I chilled mine in the refrigerator for several minutes while I warmed up some flatbread for dipping. Plate the dip and bread with sliced cucumber and tomato, or feel free to use whatever dippable vegetables you have on hand.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: R. Coker