Cantaloupe has a very light, almost watered down flavor to me. It is a little bland tasting by itself, so I combined it with spicy, tangy, and pungent flavors to bring it alive. This salad has the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. All of the produce in this salad is raw, making it super refreshing and healthy. Microgreens are little powerhouses, packed with vitamins and minerals, to help detox and heal your body. You can use any variety of microgreens available to you to make this recipe.
- For the salad:
- 2 cups cantaloupe, peeled & cubed
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, diced
- 1 pint cantaloupe micro greens
- For the dressing:
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp spicy mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Add all of the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir together. Set aside.
2. In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well to coat. Drizzle with extra honey before serving if desired.
4. For best results, refrigerate for an hour or so before serving.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote