I love trying anything “coconut curried” in a restaurant. I set out to make my own version at home, loading it up with my favorite vegetables and topping it with falafels for extra protein. This recipe is the epitome of yummy feel-good comfort food, I’m telling you. Give it a try and you’ll understand why!
Curried Coconut Veggies With Falafel Crumble
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, diced
- 125g Mushrooms, cut in slices
- 1 Medium Zucchini, diced small
- 1/2 bunch Green Asparagus, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 1-2 tsp Coconut Butter
- 3/4 tsp each Curry and Curcuma
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Vegetable Stock Powder
- 1/2 can Coconut Milk
- 4-6 Falafel (homemade or store-bought)
1. Put the coconut butter and diced onion in a large pan over medium-high heat, stirring every now and then.
2. Once the onion has browned slightly, add in the curry, curcuma, salt, pepper and vegetable stock powder (and any other spices that tickle your fancy – don’t be afraid to get creative!), and continue stirring until fragrant.
3. Add in the sweet potatoes and just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan and cover with a lid. Reduce the heat to medium.
4. Once the sweet potatoes are soft enough to spear with a fork, add in the mushrooms, zucchini, green asparagus and coconut milk. Reduce heat to medium-low.
5. Heat up your falafel in the oven for 10 minutes at 220°C.
6. Once your veggies are done (I love to leave mine ‘al dente’), spoon the mixture into two large bowls and top with 2 or three crumbled falafel each.
Super easy, super quick, and so hearty & nourishing!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Rebecca Botello