- 1 T garlic
- 1/2 cup cashews
- ½ cup water
- 1 onion
- 3 cups baby bellas
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp miso
- 1.5 cups carrots
- 4-6 hot dog bun
- (To Taste) crispy onion
1. Soak cashews for 1 hour or overnight in ½ cup water.
2. Fry garlic in olive oil for 2–3 minutes.
3. Blend water and cashews together, and then strain through strainer or nut bag (nut bag works best).
4. Finely dice onion into small cubes.
5. Incorporate onions into garlic with 2 tsp of salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
6. Stir occasionally for 3–5 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Add 3 cups of baby bellas and stir for 3–5 minutes, or until tender.
8. Add in soy sauce, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, miso, and 3 T of strained cashew cream.
9. Simmer until sauce reduces (3–5 minutes).
10. Toast hot dog buns in Air Fryer or toaster oven until crispy.
11. Add in 1.5 carrots and cook for 3–5 minutes, or until just slightly wilted with a slight crunch.
12. Serve in hot dog buns with fried crispy onions sprinkled on top to taste.
Also by Dana: Easy Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Dana Drosdick