Creamy Raw Kelpuccini Noodles Recipe (GF Vegan)
- 2 cups kelp noodles
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp miso paste
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup water
- dash cayenne pepper
- to taste black pepper
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
1. Start by soaking the raw cashews for at least 2o minutes, or have them soaked prior to making this dish. Soaking makes them softer to blend and easier to digest. Once soaked, drain the cashews and set them aside.
2. Soak the kelp noodles in warm water, baking soda, and a squeeze of lemon. Set aside for 10 minutes. You want the kelp noodles to soften so it doesn’t have that crunchy texture.
3. Now pour the soaked and drained cashews into a blender along with lemon juice, nutritional yeast, miso paste (unpasteurized is fully raw), garlic cloves (or garlic powder), cayenne pepper, black pepper, and water. Blend until it turns into a sauce.
4. If it’s too thick for your liking you can add more water or lemon juice. If it’s too thin you can toss more cashews in.
5. Once the kelp noodles are soaked and feel soft to touch, drain and rinse.
6. Combine the sauce over the kelp noodles and mix well.
7. In a serving bowl, lay a bed of arugula, and then add the kelpuccini noodles.
8. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the bowl on top of the noodles.
9. Lastly, you can add more black pepper on top or some everything but the bagel seasoning.
Note: If you don’t have access to kelp noodles, use spiralized zucchini or cucumbers.
Also by Paige: Ultimate Vegan Date Bars
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Paige Butzlaff