The base of this salad is made up of two different cabbages and some kale, rather than just standard lettuce. The cabbage makes for a cooling and perfectly crunchy salad, and it brings a bunch of detoxifying properties to the table. I tossed it together with some scallions and garlic lime dressing to brighten up the flavors. This is the perfect salad to serve alongside some gyoza or dumplings.
- For the salad:
- 1 1/2 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup green cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups kale, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed or slivered almonds
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- juice from 1 lime
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Stir in:
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Add all ingredients for the salad to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. (I used a food processor to blitz the cabbage and carrots to save time chopping.) Set aside.
2. Add all of the ingredients for the dressing to a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well to coat.
4. Stir in the sesame seeds and serve.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote