All it takes is one bowl and this chocolate chip pumpkin bread is all yours. There is nothing quite like sipping on your morning coffee with a thick, warm slice of seasonal bread. Pumpkin everything these days, right?
With a sprinkle of chocolate chips throughout and on top, this loaf is beautiful inside and out. Enjoy it with friends, family, or by yourself (I’m totally not judging!)
Vegan Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- dab oil to grease pan
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare 2 flax eggs by combining 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed and 6 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
3. In the meantime, grab a large bowl and add sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and canned pumpkin. Add your flax egg last and stir everything together until well combined.
4. Finally, fold in chocolate chips, but keep a handful out to sprinkle on top.
5. Grab a loaf pan and coat with non-stick spray. Add batter and top with remaining chocolate chips for good measure.
6. Bake at 350° F for about an hour, or until middle cooked thoroughly. You may want to check with a toothpick before taking out of the oven.
7. Once done, allow to cool a bit and serve warm.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Bianca Cimini